FOR FAMILY SPONSORSHIP’S
A beautiful motto of Canadian Immigration Law: Family Reunification!
Family Class Sponsorship Programs of Canada is the most liberal family reunification programs amongst the immigration programs of developed countries. Permanent Residents and Canadian Citizens of Canada can sponsor their members of the family from their back home to become Permanent Residents of Canada.
The members of the family class who are eligible to be sponsored are:
- Spouse/ Common-Law Partner / Conjugal Partner and their dependent children
- Parents and their dependent children
- Adopted children
- Brothers/ sisters/ nephews/ nieces/ grandchildren who are orphans, under the age of 18 and unmarried.
- Any Relative, if the sponsor is alone in Canada means the sponsor has no member of a family in Canada or abroad from the above-mentioned list.
Sponsor also needs to meet a few requirements to be eligible to sponsor any member of the family class:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must sign an agreement and undertaking
- Must not be in default of an undertaking, an immigration loan, a performance bond, or family support payments
- Must not be under a removal order
- Must not be detained in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory, or prison
- Must not receive social assistance for a reason other than a disability
- Must not be convicted of any crime